Four finalists in Dream Big Nexer Innovation Race
For the third time, the tech company Nexer arranges the innovation competition Dream Big – a global and equal competition for entrepreneurs who dream of creating a new service or product in digitalisation and tech. The winning prize is up to one million SEK.
This year, Dream Big has received almost 180 entries, of which 35% came from female entrepreneurs. After an initial screening process, where 8 entries were nominated for a second round, the jury has now appointed four finalists:
• The HP app: An interactive and gamified learning platform.
• Bumpy: A virtual support clinic for infertility problems.
• Vaquita Technologies: A software platform for remote water quality measurement.
• Nocoli: A real-time sensor for detecting bacteria in water.
On Tuesday, November 8, the finalists will pitch their business ideas to the renowned jury at the Clarion Hotel Post in Gothenburg. As always, the jury is 100% gender equal, 50/50 women and men, and consists of experts with extensive experience in entrepreneurship and digitalisation. This year, the jury consists of:
• Lars Kry, CEO of Nexer and board member of several organisations
• Malin Frithiofsson, CEO of Women In Tech Venture Studio
• Johan Magnusson, Professor of Information Systems at the University of Gothenburg and director of SCDI
• Linda Woxneborn, CEO of Xenit
• Arby Leonian, COO of Thermaiscan and winner of Dream Big 2021
• Nora Bavey, General Partner at Unconventional Ventures
• Tomas Frimmel, CEO of Microsoft Sweden
• Minna Dahlberg, Head of Marketing and Communication, Coop Butiker och Stormarknader AB
“We are convinced that equality creates the best results and contributes to a successful competition. Anyone can compete in Dream Big, either as a team or individually. But regardless of who it is, or where in the world the innovator lives, they dream of running a startup and kick-starting their idea,” says Beatrice Silow, responsible for Dream Big and Communications and Culture Manager, Nexer Group.
All finalists’ contributions are of high quality, and during the pitch day, the jury has to decide which has the highest degree of innovation, the best business potential and which of the entrepreneurs has the most passion and desire to realise their business idea.
“It’s really a great honour to be able to take part of the top-ranked entries and, together with the other jury members, decide which innovation that will win,” says Arby Leonian, who pitched in Dream Big 2021 and won 1 million SEK for his tech startup Thermaiscan and their breast cancer pre-screening solution.
Award ceremony at Nexer Summit
The winner of Dream Big will be announced during Nexer Summit on November 25 in Gothenburg. Nexer Summit is a highly appreciated and recurring knowledge-sharing event around digitalisation and technology. The theme for the event in November is “The digital path to a sustainable future”, and keynote speakers include Naznoush Habashian, Postnord, Madelaine Doufrix, HSB Living Lab, Jonas Odermalm, Volvo Trucks and Marie Carlsson, Volvo Buses.
For more information, please contact:
Beatrice Silow, Communications and Culture Manager, Nexer Group
+46 703 791506